- Routine Screening
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Double Balloon Enteroscopy
- Haemostasis of Bleeding Lesions
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Placement of Feeding Tubes (PEG)
- Treatment of Bleeding Lesions, including Angioectasia with amongst others ablation (Argon Plasma Coagulation) Injection and Application of Haemoclips
- Ablation and Resection (EMR) of Barrett’s Oesophagus
- Dilatation of Strictures and Placement of Oesophageal Gastric and Duodenal Stents
- He furthermore places PEGs for nutritional supplementation
- Therapeutic ERCPs for amongst others biliary obstruction due to gallstones and cancer.
Consultations for gastrointestinal and liver related diseases with a specific interest in inflammatory bowel disease and iron deficiency anaemia caused by obscure gastrointestinal bleeding. Admitting rights to Mediclinic Milnerton and Life Vincent Pallotti Hospitals.
As part of his special interest in obscure GI bleeding, he provides a full service for small bowel investigation including capsule endoscopy and double balloon Enteroscopy.
Dr Eduan Deetlefs sees the whole spectrum of gastrointestinal and liver related diseases with a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease and anaemia caused by obscure intestinal bleeding.
He furthermore has an in room infusion centre at his Mediclinic Milnerton Practice for administration of biological and intravenous iron infusions.
He performs numerous procedures including diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopies and colonoscopies.
He believes that quality endoscopy is of the utmost importance as subtle findings might be life altering.
Dr Eduan Deetlefs has a wealth of up to date knowledge in the management of inflammatory bowel disease and in addition he has a trial centre, Spoke Research Inc, that specializes in biological trials for inflammatory bowel disease.
Gastroenterology Treatments & Procedures
Double-balloon enteroscopy is an endoscopic technique for visualization of the small bowel. It is an endoscopic technique that allows for the entire gastrointestinal tract to be visualized in real time.
© Dr. Eduan Deetlefs, Registered Gastroenterologist, GI Doc Cape Town
Our website information is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a doctor about your specific condition. Only a trained physician can determine an accurate diagnosis and proper treatment.